Volume 20, Issue 2
The Official Newsletter for IASNR Members
Keeping in Touch
Notes from the Outgoing & Incoming Executive Directors
Starting January 1, 2021 the new cohort of Executive Officers and Council members will begin their term. Click below to read Steve Daniels final remarks as Executive Director and Bill Stewart’s introduction as new Executive Director.
Innovative Teaching Strategies
We are excited to introduce a new section of Keeping in Touch, the Student Spotlight! For this issue we bring you Innovative Teaching Strategies by Kindra De’Arman.
If you are a student that would like to showcase your research, innovative teaching strategies, or other work in the IASNR Keeping in Touch newsletter, please submit your content to Lee Cerveny at [email protected] with “IASNR KIT” in the subject line.
Society & Natural Resources Book Series Editorial Board
The Society & Natural Resources Book Series and Press has been busy working on new publications. Click below to read more about a new volume in “State of Knowledge,” recently published Energy Impacts book, and an open call for new book proposals!
Updates from Society & Natural Resources
We are pleased to announce that Kristin Floress (USDA Forest Service) and Emily S. Huff (Michigan State University) are the incoming Society & Natural Resources (SNR) Editors-in-Chief. They started their term June 2020 and fully take over journal duties in January 2021.
SNR 33(11) is now available online! Issue 12 of volume 33 will be available in the coming weeks. Stay tuned! These are the last issues to be published under the Editorship of Tasos Hovardas and Linda S. Prokopy.
SNR Editors Kristin Floress and Emily S. Huff have put out a call for Special Issues. Click below for more information.
Learn More about the 2021, 2022, & 2023 IASNR Conference!
The 2021 IASNR Conference will be held virtually from June 20-24, 2021. We are also busy planning several great in-person conferences for 2022 and beyond.
2021 IASNR Virtual Conference
2023 IASNR Conference – Portland, Maine
2022 IASNR Conference- San José, Costa Rica
Tentative 2024 IASNR Conference – Portland, Oregon
Updates from the Various IASNR Committees
All of the IASNR Committees have been serving the membership and organization as a whole. Click below to read an update from our various committees. If you would like to be involved in a committee or have any suggestions, we’d love to hear from you! Please email email [email protected] to get in touch with us.
- A Note from the Treasurer
- Updates from the Communications Committee
- Updates from the Site Selection Committee
- Updates from the Elections Committee
- Updates from the Professional Development & Membership Committees
- Update from the Student Affairs Committee
- Updates from the Publications Committee
It’s time to renew our membership to IASNR! To so many of us, IASNR has been our professional “home” that allows us to connect with colleagues from all over the world whose work focuses on the relationships between society and natural resources. Our connections with each other also help sustain us through challenging professional and personal times. We would love to see you renew your membership for 2021. Please keep in mind the following benefits of being an IASNR member and more.
- The 2021 IASNR Virtual Conference (July 20-24) will be a great way to connect despite the pandemic that keeps us from meeting face-to-face.
- Membership gives you access to the great journal Society & Natural Resources online and in-print.
- The IASNR Conference in Costa Rica in 2022 will be fantastic! Membership helps support these planning efforts and keeps you informed about opportunities to get involved.
- The Student Affairs Committee of IASNR provides great opportunities to connect with other students around the world and gain access to helpful professional development opportunities, our mentorship program, and job postings.
- Discounts on books published through the SNR Book Series & Press, and opportunities to publish.
- The Professional Development Committees of IASNR provides great opportunities for members at different stages in their career to learn from each other about research, teaching, engagement, and management practices, via webinar and other formats.
- Working across scales and around the world, IASNR is the key to networking with others working at the intersection of society and natural resources. Given the inequities we face in times of disruption and change, natural resources and the human and non-human communities that rely on them are at the frontline of conflicts, struggles and opportunities. IASNR members research and work at these flashpoints. We need to support each other!
Your membership will ensure these opportunities are possible and that you will have access to these great resources. Click below to learn more about IASNR membership or to renew your membership.
If you have any questions about membership, contact Jessica Hill at [email protected].
An IASNR account is required to purchase or renew membership. Click here to login or create a free account.
IASNR Latest News & Updates
Stay up-to-date with with IASNR, the IASNR Conference, SNR, Student Affairs, and any Professional Development opportunities!