The International Association for Society and Natural Resources (IASNR) is an interdisciplinary professional association open to individuals who bring a variety of social science and natural science backgrounds to bear on research and application strategies pertaining to the environment and natural resource issues.
IASNR was founded in 2001 to provide a professional association to support the integration of social and natural sciences to develop research and application strategies pertaining to environmental and natural resource issues. It was preceded by its ISSRM conference, started in 1986 at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon, USA and its journal, Society & Natural Resources, first published by Taylor & Francis in 1988.
Our membership covers over 45 counties around the world. A membership directory is now available for all members.
The IASNR aims to:
- Foster the interdisciplinary social scientific understanding of the relationships between humans and natural resources;
- further the application of social science information in natural resource decision-making and
- provide a mechanism whereby social scientists, resource managers, practitioners, agency personnel, and decision makers can generate dialogue and useful exchange.
Join IASNR for access to Society & Natural Resources online and in-print. Members also have the opportunity to attend our yearly conference. An IASNR account enables you to renew membership and submit organized session proposals and abstracts for the conference. Click here to login. Don’t have an account? Register today, it’s free!
Memberships can be purchased at 1 of 3 levels, for up to 3 years, and with an online SNR journal subscription. A hardcopy SNR journal subscription can be purchased for an additional $40 per calendar year.
- Professional Membership – $145 per calendar year
- World Bank Low & Middle Income Economy Professional Membership – $60 per calendar year
- Student Membership – $60 per calendar year
- Emeritus/Retired Membership – $75 per calendar year
IASNR currently has 8 standing committees and 4 teams related to association operations. Click here to view the current committees, committee guidelines, and the purpose of each committee and click here to view current committee members. If you are interested in serving on a committee as an IASNR member, please email [email protected].
Commitment to Ethics
Respectful and ethical conduct is critical to support the continuation of the International Association for Society and Natural Resources (IASNR) by fostering a welcoming environment for all members. IASNR encourages the free expression and exchange of ideas in both formal and informal venues where mutual respect and trust are conditions for collegiality.
If you have any concerns, please click below to access the IASNR ethics violation report form.
William (Bill) Stewart
Rebecca (Becky) Schewe
Incoming Executive Officers
Christopher M. Raymond
Jesse B. Abrams
Society & Natural Resources (SNR) Editorial Office
Emily S. Huff
Social Media Team
Business Office Support