IASNR Committees & Their Charges for 2022
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Other Teams for IASNR Operations
Awards (sub-committee of Membership)
Guidelines for All Committees
These guidelines are strategies to achieve the following: (1) spread the responsibilities across Council members and membership at-large so that no one person becomes overly-burdened, (2) integrate and mentor students into the organizational culture of the association, (3) enhance organizational transparency and collective knowledge, and (4) foster a sustainable, smooth-running and fair organizational culture.
- Each committee has a chair and co-chair, with at least one of these being on IASNR Council
- Each committee has a student member. Consult with SAC for recommendations.
- Encourage at-large IASNR members to volunteer for committee membership. The Executive Council will work with each committee to identify members-at-large for committee service.
- Communicate after each committee meeting with IASNR Council, post notes from the meeting on the IASNR website, and/or if relevant, post to the IASNR master calendar upcoming events including future committee meetings.
- Each committee should develop a decision process that is transparent, understandable, and accessible to committee members.
- Committee chairs should be prepared to report out at IASNR council quarterly meetings and to communicate news in the Keeping in Touch newsletter.
- When appropriate, committee decision-making should be done in consultation with other committees who would be relevant to the decision context. For example, the Professional Development should engage the Finance Committee regarding decisions on prospective budget for hosting a webinar.
Purpose of each Committee
- Coordinate IASNR elections process, with support from IASNR main office staff.
- Develop calls for nominations, pre- and post-election emails/correspondence (e.g., with nominees, nominators), reminders, ballots, notifications, and other supporting documentation (e.g., candidate statements for posting online). Ensure inclusion of pertinent eligibility, service term, roles and responsibilities, and codes of conduct information for Executive Officer, Council, Student Representative, and ex officio positions (see IASNR Constitution and Bylaws), as appropriate and in conjunction with the Communications Teams.
- Foster, actively monitor, and solicit/recruit for diversity and representativeness on Council with support from the DEI Committee.
- Maintain records related to IASNR Elections Committee actions, including documents from past elections, Council member eligibility, election-related correspondence, candidate statements.
Chair: Chloe Wardropper
Co-Chair: Jens Emborg
Purpose of Other Teams for IASNR Operations
- Comprised of the elected officers: Executive Director, Secretary and Treasurer
- Identify and implement goals of IASNR, and ensure strategies for their achievement
- Act on behalf of the Council and organization
- Facilitate decision-making between Council meetings
- Lead and coordinate formal meetings of the IASNR including Council meetings, annual meeting of members, and other events as they arise
- Implement IASNR By-laws
- Engage and solicit at-large members for committee service
- Promote IASNR to external audiences, professionals, prospective members, and students
- Supervise IASNR contractors and staff
Chair: Bill Stewart, Becky Schewe, Lee Cerveny