Call for Proposals to Host
The IASNR Conference 2026 and Beyond
The IASNR Conference Support Committee seeks host institutions for the annual meeting of the International Association for Society & Natural Resources (IASNR) for 2026 and beyond.
Interested parties should submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) to [email protected]. A full proposal will be required if selected for by the Conference Support Committee. The IASNR Business Office and the Conference Support Committee will provide support and guidance for full proposal submissions.
Letter of Intent Requirements:
Interested parties should submit a Letter of Intent (LOI), no more than five pages, including the following information:
- Year(s) requested to host the IASNR conference
- Title of proposal, authors’ names, and their affiliations
- Description of the meeting site/venue, including meeting space available and high speed internet facilities and potential for remote participation
- Description of travel options to/from site, local sociocultural attractions, amenities, and highlights
- Description of housing options and costs, including on campus dorms and low-cost lodging options
- Description of host’s institutional support (financial, in-kind, and staff support allocations, for example)
- Description of host’s partnerships with local indigenous communities, community organizations, and universities
- Description of low-cost childcare and family-friendly options
- Overall strategies and potential to keep the conference low-cost for participants
The Conference Support Committee will review LOIs and contact all submitters on a first-come-first-serve basis. If invited to submit a full proposal, the IASNR Business Office and Conference Support Committee will provide guidance and support for proposal development.
Who to Contact:
If you have questions about the conference, the preparation of the proposal, or wish to express interest in preparing a proposal, please contact Jessica Hill at [email protected] or Becky Schewe, the IASNR Treasurer and co-chair of the Conference Support Committee at [email protected].