2024 IASNR Conference Venue & Travel
Venue and Conference Hotel – Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns
Conference sessions and the majority of events will be at the Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns.
The Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns is a five star accommodation located in downtown Cairns. Conference participants can dine in one of the three restaurants located in the hotel or walk to one of the many restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel is situated within the Cairns Marlin Marina, one of Australia’s premiere marinas.
The Conference Planning Committee has negotiated a premium special rate for conference participants.
- Deluxe King Room (City, Garden, or Pool View) – $265* AU per room, per night
- Deluxe Twin Room (City, Garden, or Pool View) – $265* AU per room, per night
*Rates include one(1) breakfast per room and complimentary Health Club Access. An additional breakfast is $25 AUD per person, per day. Exchange rate to USD is about $186 per room, per night (based on January 2023 exchange rates).
Please follow the steps below to reserve your Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns lodging using the group code ISS230620.
- Go to the Shangri-La The Marina, Cairns website by clicking here.
- Enter all the necessary requirements such as check-in date, check-out date, number of rooms, and number of occupants.
- Under the “Special Rate” area, select “Group Code” and enter the Group Code IAS230624.
- Click the Check Availability button to continue.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online booking.
If you have lodging or booking questions, please email the hotel directly at [email protected].
Additionally, reservations can also be made over the phone by calling +61 7 4052 7700. Please be sure to mention the group/block code ISS230620.
Other Recommended Lodging Options
Cairns is a popular destination for guests on all budgets. There are around 300 accommodation options spread across all price categories from budget to luxury. The majority of these are down town and within walking distance of the conference venue (Shangri-La Hotel), restaurants, cafes and other services.
Commercial accommodation in the center of Cairns has budget options for around $20 USD per night in shared dormitories.
Below are a few other lodging options (rates and AU to USD exchange rate my vary):
- NJoy! Resort – 1 person in 4-Share dormitory / shared bathroom $25 AU per night ($19 US)
- Cairns City Motel Double room with ensuite $75 AU per night ($56 US*)
- A1 Inn the City Double room with ensuite $85 AU per night ($64 US)
- Acacia Court Hotel double room with ensuite: $109 per night ($82 US)
- Ibis Styles Cairns Double room with ensuite $125 AU per night ($94 US)
- Cairns Plaza hotel Triple room (1 double and 1 single) $134 AU per night ($101 US)
- Cairns Sheridan Hotel triple room (1 double and 1 single) $140 AU per night ($105 US)
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Ocean view Double room $186 AU per night ($140 US)
- Pullman Cairns International Double room $189 per night ($142 US)
- Hilton Cairns Ocean view Double room (two King beds) $207 AU per night ($155 US)
- The Bailey in Cairns (see hotel website for prices)
- The Flynn in Cairns (see hotel website for prices)
- The Riley in Cairns (see hotel website for prices)
Cairns is well serviced by an international airport with direct flights to and from several countries including Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Papua New Guinea, The Philippines, China, Indonesia and New Zealand. The domestic terminal has frequent flights to and from all major Australian cities.