2023 IASNR Conference Travel & Lodging
Conference Venue: The Holiday Inn By The Bay
The Holiday Inn By The Bay has been selected as the conference hotel and meeting space. it is the largest hotel and convention center north of Boston.
The Holiday Inn By The Bay is located within easy walking distance to numerous of the Old Port’s shops, bars, and restaurants. The hotel is surrounded with cultural activities including the Portland Museum of Art, the Children’s Museum, Merrill Auditorium, Cross Insurance Arena, and Casco Bay Cruise Lines, and only a short trip to Cape Elizabeth to see the famous Portland Head Light historic lighthouse in Fort Williams Park.
The on-site Port of Call restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – serving local beers and fresh Maine seafood. In the summer, participants can use the complimentary electric bikes to explore the city.
Accommodations have wide views of the Portland Harbor and the White Mountains. The hotel has 239 guest rooms including double bed, king bed, executive rooms, and executive suits. The cost for breakfast is not included in the room reservation. The conference room rate is $187 USD per room, per night, plus tax. The conference room block code is “ASN.”
As of 4/27/23 the conference room block is sold out
Conference Hotel Parking Fees
- Overnight guests may park in the hotel at a rate of $10 per vehicle, per night.
- Day guests may park in the external garage at a rate of $5 per vehicle, per day.
Other Lodging Options
On Peninsula: (options are 7 – 17 minute walk from the Holiday Inn By The Bay)
- Black Elephant Hostel (private and communal accommodations on a budget for up to 54 people) – Price is about $90 per night
- Hyatt Portland Downtown – Price is about $129 per night
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront – Price is about $161 per night
- The Regency Portland Downtown – Price is about $143 per night
- Residence Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront – Price is about $160 per night
- Courtyard Marriott Portland Downtown Waterfront – Price is about $135 per night
On Peninsula: (hotel is a 35 minute walk from the Holiday Inn By The Bay)
- Clarion Hotel Airport (hotel close to the Concord Trailways, has restaurant/bar) – Price is about $84 a night.
Off Peninsula: (5-15 min drive from the Holiday Inn By The Bay)
Airline & Transportation Information:
The Portland Jetport is just three miles away from The Holiday Inn By The Bay. Several major airlines operate with jet service: Delta, American Airlines, United, JetBlue, Southwest, Frontier, and Cape Air. The Holiday Inn By The Bay will offer free airport shuttle service for participants.
Participants also have the option fly into Manchester-Boston Regional Airport in Manchester, NH and then get a rental car. This is 1.5 hours from Portland. It is served by American Airlines, Delta, Southwest and United.
Boston Logan International Airport is a convenient airport for conference participants to arrive from Europe and other international locations. A private coach bus, Concord Trailways, runs regularly from the Boston airport, stopping at each terminal, to the intermodal station in Portland; the cost is $50RT. Signage at Logan is excellent, so our international guests will be able to find the bus despite the heavy Boston accent of the drivers!
The intermodal bus and Amtrak station is location within 2 miles from the hotel. The hotel shuttle can be used to pick-up participants at train or bus stations at no charge. Simply call the hotel directly to schedule a shuttle pick-up at 207-775-2311 (ext. 3).